Please Help Support 'The Farm' -- Contact Jon Lowe -- firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase a $20 t-shirt
The Farmington High School mountain bike team and the Farmington Trails Committee approached the city council with a vision-a trail that would cover forty-four acres of city-owned property at the mouth of Farmington Canyon, as well as nine acres of US Forest Service property.
Farmington City caught the vision and an initiative called
Farmington Mountain Bike Park,
'The Farm', was born.
Farmington City, the trails committee and the mountain bike teams, joined efforts to successfully apply for a Governors Office of Economic Development (GOED) grant through the outdoor recreation department. GOED dedicates 7 million dollars per year to trail construction in Utah.
Currently, The Farm has procured funding from these Sponsors:
- $125,000 GOED 2021 grant funding
- $25,000 Phillips 66 community grant
- $12,000 GoFundMe public donations
- $10,000 Farmington City Council
- $8,000 IMBA trail accelerator
- $5,000 Bikers Edge in Kaysville
- $10,000 REI
These combined contributions will make this bike trail system something amazing.
All funding is appreciated.
The target date for completion of the park is October of 2020.
Professional trail builder
Utilize natural features
Create access for all skill levels
Minimize future maintenance needs
New Climbing Trail – Light Blue Trail
- Suitable grade for climbing
- Average grade
- New trail – 10%
- Existing trail – 20%
- Able to be climbed by beginner riders
- 0.5 mile trail
- Reclaim several different access trails
- Mueller Park (first mile) – 8.7% grade
Forest Service Connector – Yellow Trail
- Milestone collaboration with the Forest Service
- Forest Service in favor of the proposal
- Adds 0.6 miles to The Farm
- Additional access point to shoreline level (top of The Farm)
Beginner Loop – Green Trail
- Skills loop for beginner/young riders
- Minimal elevation loss/gain
- Plenty of shade
- 0.3 mile trail
Beginner Downhill – Pink Trail
- Rewarding downhill for beginners
- Take advantage of natural terrain and vegetation
- 1.75 miles
- Connector trail to complete loop ride
Intermediate Flow – Blue Trail – Dirt Coaster
- Built to provide flow
- Small jumps
- Deliberate use of natural features
- 1.5 miles
- Weave in and out of existing vegetation
- Heart of The Farm
The Farm – Maintenance
Mountain bike community actively participates in trail maintenance
Local High School Mountain Bike teams provide trail maintenance at The Farm.
The city to support the effort by providing dumpster/garbage cans as needed.